Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia Day2


Advertisement
Malaysia's flag
Asia » Malaysia » Wilayah Persekutuan » Kuala Lumpur
January 30th 2015
Published: January 30th 2015
Edit Blog Post

This morning we took the bus to central market and China town. I wish we had smelly video because the sights, sounds and smells were amazing. We stayed around there until lunchtime then bought a single journey ticket for about a pound and travelled by train to connect to the mono rail and get back to the centre of city. The trains were extremely clean .., no litter, no food or drink is allowed and it shows. They were very busy and quite crowded but good journeys. We then went to a shopping mall food hall,,,2 storeys below ground of food outlets and restaurants...again packed out. We've had a problem with getting tea with cold milk as their white tea is a tea version of capaccinno with frothy condensed milk! So we have been drinking black tea.
We then had a hour at the hotel swimming pool and got ready to go on a coach trip to see 'The colours of KL by night' this included a Hindu and a Buddhist temple a drive past the Catholic Cathedral and sight of 2 Methodist churches a walk around Chinatown alive with lights, crowds and traffic and onto a dinner and show at the Tourist Centre. An amazing selection of food from all continents and dancing from each area and ethnic group of Malaysia. A good night. Then back through the Friday night traffic,,this city iscas near to gridlock as any I have seen. It was 10 pm and solid lines of traffic in every direction. Our driver kept flying up tiny back alleys presumably he could go home after dropping us off so didn't want to sit in traffic for hours. We have enjoyed our time here but are now repacked ready for flight tomorrow to Mumbai...and whatever that has to offer.


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.288s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 6; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0552s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb