Out of the black out!


Advertisement
Malaysia's flag
Asia » Malaysia » Wilayah Persekutuan » Kuala Lumpur
July 31st 2006
Published: July 31st 2006
Edit Blog Post

I know its been a while since I updated my blog but its just so hard to sit at a computer with so much to see and do! Going way back in time to Phuket we spent our days on the beach or traveling the countryside riding elephants, visiting waterfalls, whitewater rafting, and I was even attacked by monkeys. Even though I was exahausted I enjoyed spending the evenings with our English travel mates Mark & Carla & Chelsea when she felt game enjoying the finest cheap Thai beer and exploring the nightlife. I don't recomend Patong to anyone unless you enjoy the sights of girley boys in ALL their glory. Once we decided to leave Phuket (where we stayed for 6 nights) we traveled with our travel buddies Mark & Carla to Koh Pi Pi Island where we spent 2 days living the island life and snorkeling in amazing caves. Then we were off to the magnificent Railay Beach which could only be reached by longtail boat. We spent 3 wonderful days enjoying the beach and relaxing at the Railay Beach Resort. It was a wonderful place to chill and enjoy a fun nightlife. We even ran into the boys from Scottland and shared travel stories since our parting. After a sad goodbye to Mark & Carla, Chelsea and I started our journey to Malaysia. After an exahsting 18 hour bus ride we arrived in Kalua Lumpur and found a hotel with 6 other travlers we met on the bus. The next day we got up and decided to try a hostel. The walls were bright green and it felt a bit like a padded cell but but it was a fun experience. Because I was already crazy for staying in a hostel when chelsea suggested we get blond highlights (read blond streaks) it wasn't a far jump. After a bit of coaching we went to the chair together and became blonds! The really do have more fun as we bought cute jeans and going out shirts and hit the KL scene. It was quite an experience. We had dinner at PlanetHollywood KL, Drinks at a posh roof top bar, and dancing at an interesting club down the street. Chelsea and I were the ONLY western girls and the bar so we were quite a spectacle. Today we did a city tour and visited the Batu caves which was amazing and tomorrow we our off down the coast to who knows were. Maleka maybe? So thats my update. I hope everyone is doing well. I miss you all and promise to write more.
From the other side of the world. -Breanna


Additional photos below
Photos: 16, Displayed: 16


Advertisement



Tot: 0.078s; Tpl: 0.023s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0395s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb