Made it to KL


Advertisement
Malaysia's flag
Asia » Malaysia » Wilayah Persekutuan » Kuala Lumpur
September 12th 2012
Published: September 12th 2012
Edit Blog Post

we left Perth about an hour and a half late (after8 AM instead of before 7 AM) but had a very uneventful flight by Air Asia to KL. Jane has us booked into MY HOTEL in KL which is near the train station. A budget hotel and the three of us slept in very close quarters last night but we managed! we had a look at the Central and Night markets in Chinatown before eating at a local resturant. A great meal the mee goreng ayam was amazing - or I was very hungry!.

the number of people, businesses, cars,busses motor bikes jammed into any small space is a sight to see!. As Jane remarked it is not a pedestrian friendly city, the train line is raised above the city and we even found the bikes took to the pavement to avoid having to stop at the lights! perhaps tht explains the condiiton of the pavng! the people themselves seem friendly and I feel quite safe here.

We have noticed a number of blind people in the area by the hotel and there are blind massage parlours nearby. it reminds me of the blind school in Vic Park with sighted peole helping blind peole to master the art of coping with blindness.

Today we thought we would go to the shopping centre in KL, Jane wants to buy a camera and I will have a look at a kindle or two. Then to find a garden and maybe see the Petronis towers.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.114s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 14; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0421s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb