Week-end in KL, the inner sanctum of TB!


Advertisement
Malaysia's flag
Asia » Malaysia » Wilayah Persekutuan » Kuala Lumpur
February 19th 2012
Published: February 21st 2012
Edit Blog Post

It was a Sunday, so you won't see TB headquarters office...instead we went to have a long lunch with Ali. But I did discovered that TB HQ...is actually in the same building where I used to have one of my own offices...it's a small world!



To all those TB members around, remember the date of 8th April 2012....this is the date set for the 10th Birthday Party of TB! You may have the opportunity to be in KL that day, or have a chance to hop on a plane for the week-end...or simply getting ready to skype with the members who will be there...I can garantee you, it will be a fun day, thanks to Ali, the founder and owner of Travelblog! We already know that skype sessions will happen with San Francisco, Sydney and few places in Europe...TB...just a great community of travellers.



We spent two nights in KL after Pulau Weh. It was great to be able to be back to full menus in restaurants. The original plan was to spend the Saturday in a waterpark. The day before, we decided that a Saturday may be a too busy day, and to keep the waterpark fun day for April...and on Saturday morning, once we wake up, we could only confirmed...this would be a rainy day, we made a good choice!



What is there to do in KL on a rainy day with kids? Well, you've got the food, and you've got the malls. Living in Bangkok, we are so spoiled by malls that they don't specially rate high on our wish list. So on Saturday, we kept it pretty cool...nice food, and we stopped by the book shop for Leslie and Tiffany. Due to the high rate of english literacy in Malaysia...we could witness a way higher choice of books for the kids...great!

We stay on Friday night at the Meridien. Info, I truly don't recommend this place...for location, pick the Hilton next door...or simply go somewhere else. On Saturday night, we stay at the Sheraton...and we do love the way they are taking care of us there!



But the day was Sunday, as we were going to spend a big part of it with Ali before flying back home to Bangkok.



You want to know who is Ali? Ali is the founder and owner of Travelblog. He is the one who has helped this great community of travellers, or "travellers to be" to bound together. He is also the one slaving at all the IT issues to keep the site running smoothly...time consuming and not always an easy task!



We spent few hours around drinks, and enjoying some very nice Japanese food. Japanese food in KL? Well, that was the pick of Leslie and Tiffany. Ali, they both had a great time with you, and thanks a lot for everything you are doing for TB.



I also post on this entry a picture of Nick, deleted_46288, another great member of TB. We had a drink two weeks ago while he was visiting Bangkok. Isnt'it a small world! Nick, was great to meet you.



So remember the date! 8th of April in Kuala Lumpur, or actually wherever you are with a proper internet connection. The best way is to make sure you send me, or any of the moderators a private message to make sure we all stay connected on the big day!



In the meantime we are back home in Bangkok...but don't worry, hitting the road again pretty soon...Easter holidays are coming very soon for Leslie and Tiffany, with more bubbles to come!


Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement



21st February 2012

Nick, I know you are reading this...
you are way behind in writing your blogs about your Thailand trip. That's great that you were able to connect with P-A. And P-A, thanks for this blog. I hope to meet Ali someday. And also to celebrate TB's 10th. David and Merry Jo invited me to come to SF, but it's a bit of a distance. I will try to Skype them.
21st February 2012

Japanese food in KL!
Japanese food in KL? I think that's a pretty good reason to head up that way. Oh, and getting to join the 10th birthday celebrations would be pretty good too ;-) Actually, I'm really excited about the trip :-) :-) Looking forward to meeting everyone!
22nd February 2012
Another great Travelblog moment!

Agree - it is another Travelblog moment to cherish!
22nd February 2012
Another great Travelblog moment!

travel blog birthday
We thought we could offer cups of tea and cake to any bloggers in Norfolk on the big day - I could show them Alistair's baby photos ! Ali's mum and dad
28th February 2012

:)
It was great meeting you too Peter! I hope this will be the first of many encounters. I do hope that your life is starting to get back to normal too. Take care :) Bob: Apologies! I intend to make amends. I've been offline for 3 weeks due to certain, unforeseen circumstances.

Tot: 0.063s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 17; qc: 34; dbt: 0.0369s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb