Day 111-112: Melaka to Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia


Advertisement
Malaysia's flag
Asia » Malaysia » Wilayah Persekutuan » Kuala Lumpur
May 18th 2009
Published: May 18th 2009
Edit Blog Post

PeanutPeanutPeanut

He was a special special little boy!

Sunday, May 17th


We got news this morning that little Peanut, one of our moms beloved cats back home, lost his battle with cancer on Friday. He was a very special kitty and we loved him dearly. He could never jump onto a table without knocking something over and his back legs had a life of their own, never going where he intended. We will miss the little boy a lot!

May you rest in peace Peanut.

We went in search of fruit for lunch and ended up in Limau Limau Cafe. Only after ordering our fruit shakes and platter did we realize that this cafe is dedicated to cats. If you go deeper in there's a wall filled with framed pictures of cats. The logo of the cafe is also a cat. On the computer there played funny cat videos from YouTube.

Back at home we played with the cute resident cat then decided to watch some funny cat videos on YouTube too. We laughed till our cheeks hurt. The day had turned out to be dedicated to cats everywhere, but mostly, to little Peanut.

The evening we played chess. Ferdi won the first game, but the second battle ended in a draw.

Today's highlights:
1. Having a cat day.
2. Great fruit shakes.
3. Playing chess.

Monday, May 18th


Happy birthday brother Rudi! Hope you had an awesome day and have a wonderful year. God bless!

After Talita succeeded in getting Ferdi out of bed (he would've stayed there all day if he could) we went for breakfast, packed, said goodbye to the resident cat, then walked to the corner bus stop. We had hoped to catch a bus to the Melaka Sentral where we could get a bus to KL. However, after seeing how long the bus route was we decided to get a taxi instead.

By 11am we were on a bus heading back to KL. As we drove up to the bus station we noticed a few buildings we recognized, so were able to orientate ourselves. We discovered that we were fairly close to the area where our hotel is located so instead of getting a taxi we hoofed it.

By 13:30 we were checked in and unpacked and by 4pm we were starving because we had skipped lunch. We enjoyed a very early dinner (yes, at the Curry House), walked around the mall, and then went to the movies. We watched "Angels and Demons", the movie based on Dan Brown's book, starring Tom Hanks (at the start of the film Ferdi remembered that he'd read the book a few years ago but still enjoyed the movie). Afterward we bent the rules and enjoyed a celebratory beer on Rudi's birthday!

Today's highlights:
1. Being back in KL.
2. Great-awesome-amazing Indian food.
3. Watching a movie.
4. Celebratory beers!


Additional photos below
Photos: 12, Displayed: 12


Advertisement

ChessChess
Chess

It's on now!


Tot: 0.048s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0209s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb