arrived and all is well in KL


Advertisement
Malaysia's flag
Asia » Malaysia » Wilayah Persekutuan » Kuala Lumpur
January 31st 2009
Published: January 31st 2009
Edit Blog Post

Well folks i made it here and did not even have to help the pilot in any way he did such a good job!!! i caught the KLIA (fast train) into town like a pro and then took a taxi the last bit to Number Eight Guest House. I was a little bit dissapointed at the state of the reception (its a little tired and not as slick as the photos but i am very happy with my room. Of course it does not have all the stuff The Backpack has and it could do with a bright bedside light (the over head lights are dull dull dull) and towel rail in the bathroom. The water is luke warm but thats ok here as it is quite hot. Other than that i have no complaints. the staff are friendly and work round the clock - yes guys that means there is someone on reception 24/7 either doing 3 x8 hours or some 12/12 shifts when someone is off.

I must say the humidity is a lot lower and its quite ok out there. Just hot but not hot and wet. it took me awhile to recover yesterday as i did not sleep on the plane but after a good nap i went out to explore. Firstly i must say this is the area Terry and i spyed on our Hop on hop off tour of the city and wondered where it was and now i know ecxactly and how it all fits in.
Last night i splurged and had some crab for dinner - done with blatjang and chilli but it did not taste anything like Mrs Balls blatjang but it was sooo delicious. i will put some photos in another time as tonight i had a beer a carlsberg which is 8.8% and it s enough to make me drunk so even writing this is taking quite a bit of effort.

Today i woke up a little late and spent the day at the Petronas towers just having a look at all the girlie stuff so Terry doesnt have to do it when he is here even though i have said it before he is so patient. things are not cheap here. its all times 3 so easy to work out and sort of hear attack stuff when you do or simply put it back on the shelf and wait to see what cribs they have in China Town. There are lots of sales at the moment and of course lots of lanterns, naartjie (manadarin ) trees with red bows or some other chinese New Year decoration out side of the shops so it is very festive. In fact a lot of the Chinese shops are still closed for celebrations.
Tonight i had some dim sum for snacks with that beer which has gone to my head and i am going out for some soup in a little while then it s off to bed for me and off to meet Tel Boy tomorrow. Hope he is having a good flight.

Hope i can add some pics tomorrow night all xxLee


Advertisement



Tot: 0.044s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 14; qc: 27; dbt: 0.0274s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb