Stop Over Kuala Lumpur


Advertisement
Malaysia's flag
Asia » Malaysia » Wilayah Persekutuan » Kuala Lumpur
February 4th 2008
Published: February 4th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Mum&AlexMum&AlexMum&Alex

Nursing Alex and administring the drugs!!

Half way to Oz@



After an early start on the 26th Jan, leaving at 4am to drive to Heathrow airport, we finally arrived in Kuala Lumpur early (7am) on the 27th January. It was a long flight (nearly 12 hours), especially for the kids, although all things considered I think they did quite well really. We all managed to grab a few minutes here and there for a sleep but a cat nap never really replaces a good rest in a proper bed, although the kids stretched out over Stef and I.

Luckily, the Concorde hotel (where we stayed) gave us the room as soon as we arrived. It was very hot and sticky, but the airport was very smart and efficient and we found it easy to find the hotel bus and get to the hotel within about 1 hour after landing. The hotel was pretty basic, but clean and functional. The pool was really nice though and the kids enjoyed jumping in and out of the pool and refreshing after being cooked up on the plane for so long!

Go here if you wanna lose weight!!! The food at the hotel and combined with the airplane
pool1pool1pool1

Kids and Stef jumping into the pool after a long 11.5 hour flight.... refreshing!!
food, was a good recipe for a diet, as the food was not the best by far. Ryan, usually eats anything and thinks all resturant food is the best, gave the food a 0 out of 10!!! I think I lose a couple of pounds!!

Unfortunately Alex got sick on the flight leaving from Heathrow, by the time we got to Kuala Lumpur, he had a raging temperature (over 40c) and we struggled to keep his temperature down, with the air temperature outside warm and sticky as well. Stef and I stayed up most of the night with damp towels, trying to get his temperature down, so no sleep on the plane and then no sleep in the hotel either. 😞
I thought that we were going to have to stay behind and call the Dr about midnight on the 27th, but we gave him a large dose of Nurofen and by 6am, he was cool again, but still not feeling well.

We went back to the airport on the 28th, loaded with medicine in our hand luggage for Alex (he had a cold, cough and stomach ache), but we managed to get through it and finally got
divingdivingdiving

Josh learning to dive into the pool, getting ready for Ozzie competition level!!
to Melbourne on the 29th, about 9pm. I was glad to be somewhere that didn't feel so far away, and I knew that if necessary I could pop to a pharmacy and get more drugs for Alex!! I was also happy to see the Hilton Hotel at Melbourne Airport, where we stayed for our first night, which was a lovely hotel and the kids thought we'd gone to heaven after our very basic hotel and food in Kuala Lumpur!

Zammuto family finally arrive in Oz... More information to follow, but for the meantime, piccys of Kuala Lumpur.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.059s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 8; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0242s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb