CS:ing in KL


Advertisement
Malaysia's flag
Asia » Malaysia » Wilayah Persekutuan » Kuala Lumpur
January 7th 2008
Published: January 11th 2008
Edit Blog Post

KL, as the locals call their capital Kuala Lumpur, is a city with many skyscrapes, a lot of cars and many people everywhere, most of them Malay (and muslim), but also Chinese and Indian. Now you may think it's like Singapore, but it's nothing like it. It's less organised and not as overly clean. It also feels like there's a lot less western influence.

We've been Couchsurfing during our stay here. We were lucky enough to end up at a Malaysian familys house as the guest of the son, Pika. We were a bit nervous about staying there since the cultural differences are so big. How would we know how to behave? But all in all I think it went very well and we had a wonderful stay in KL. We had malaysian breakfast with the family and the last night we cooked a finnish dinner: meatballs and mashed potatoes, greek sallad and pulla. And all this with the assistance of the familys Indonesian maid! It was a huge success if I may say so myself! We've now been invited to a malaysian wedding which we're looking forward to experiencing!

During the days we did some sightseeing: Petronas Towers,
Chinatown KLChinatown KLChinatown KL

Helena trying to shop in Chinatown
KLCC Tower, Chinatown and walked along the main shopping road Bukit Bintang. During the evenings we went out to meet other Couchsurfers, both local hosts and travelling guests.

Next stop the tropical island of Pulau Pangkor!


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement

Finnish dinnerFinnish dinner
Finnish dinner

Having finnish dinner with the family we stayed at. To the right you can see Pika, our host.


Tot: 0.048s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 9; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0302s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb