Kuala Lumpur


Advertisement
Malaysia's flag
Asia » Malaysia » Wilayah Persekutuan » Kuala Lumpur
March 26th 2007
Published: March 26th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Jen: Our original plan was to see if we could head to Taman Negara National Park but by the time we had taken the bus from Singapore to Johor Bharu (Malaysian border), gone through customs, taken another bus to KL and then spent about an hour figuring out where the bus to Taman Negara went from, we got there 30mins too late and missed the bus...grrr.

So KL we stayed. We stayed at a backpackers in Chinatown which was massive and had a great TV to watch all their pirated DVDs. Went to a great restaurant for dinner, which was a old school Chinese place.

The next day was Bricks birthday..yay!! So in the spirit of his last birthday we found some tall buildings to go up (last year he went up the CN tower in Canada) so we went to the Petrona Towers, which are 88 stories high (the 2nd largest building in the world) with a huge business and leisure park surrounding it. We went up the KL tower which was the 3rd tallest communication tower in the world. At the top there were fantastic panoramic views of KL.

After that we got a bit lost getting to the botanic and orchid gardens and by the time we got there we had 1/2 an hr before they shut. So we only saw a few orchids and then had to leave.

Brick's birthday dinner was at a street side restaurant where you could choose from a whole range of different kebabs and veges, and then cook them yourself in a pot placed in the middle of the table with boiling water. Very fun.

We had initially intended to take the overland route to Thailand from Malaysia but at the moment the fighting between Muslim and Islam has intensified and there have been several beheadings, bombings and massacres, and some tourists have been unlucky enough to get involved. So we decided to take the non-massacre route and fly to Phuket.

So it was back to Thailand to hit the beaches....


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



Tot: 0.098s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 56; dbt: 0.0648s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb