Rainforest in the City


Advertisement
Malaysia's flag
Asia » Malaysia » Wilayah Persekutuan » Kuala Lumpur
February 9th 2007
Published: February 9th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Ate a lovely Pau today, which is a steamed dough ball, which is a bit like a dumpling, filled with black fungus, carrot and onion - delicious - other fillings available! Took the monorail to Bukit Nanas. Then we went on a free guided city rainforest tour & were taught about the flora, fauna & poisonous snakes. There is a small rainforest 'Bukit Nanas Forest Reserve' located centrally in the city, consisting of approx 10 hectares - apparently two types of monkey also reside here - but no show today. Had to drag Nick away from the local tea seller - which has numerous health benefits!

After we took an elevator to the top of KL Tower which took 58 seconds! The tower is 421 metres in height (fourth tallest telecommunications tower in the world), with fantastic views of the city and Petronas towers. We had an audio guide - which enabled us to get our bearings around the city. We also saw the Batu caves in the distance.

After we took the underground train to Little India and China town. Huge colonial style buildings along the river, beautiful flower baskets and a few mosques dotted around. We then made our way through the numerous bustling stalls in China town - lots of copywatch and 'designer' handbag sellers - Chinese lanterns all down Petaling Street. Then took the mono rail back to the shopping centre - which is the largest in Malaysia - unfortunately have not the space or money to make any purchases this time! In the evening we hit the town for a lovely Malay meal.


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.05s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0322s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb