Back to civilisation. But not as we know it!


Advertisement
Malaysia's flag
Asia » Malaysia » Wilayah Persekutuan » Kuala Lumpur
November 21st 2006
Published: November 30th 2006
Edit Blog Post

As close as we got!As close as we got!As close as we got!

But they looked good when lit up as we were wondering around the city.
Arrived at KL airport and the immigration guy smiled and wished us a great trip, Jo nearly fainted and commented how friendly the people seemed compared to previous experiences. Got a 1 hour taxi to KL centre and promptly found a hotel. KL was cool, so modern with proper mega shopping malls and clean and tidy streets with a really nice touch of class about it. Got a 3 star hotel but it wasn't very cheap but by this point we couldn't be arsed to wonder around this monstrocity of a place in search of something cheaper. Went out for a meal and it was the best thing we had eaten in a long time. Went on the monorail to see the Patronas towers but a monsoon hit so we headed back, bl**dy typical!
Got up early to explore the shops and Jo found a Cinnabon stall and was in heaven. I loved exploring the shops as they were all full of all the latest electronic equipment, gadgets and gizmo’s. Not much else to say about KL accept that its a friendly place, clean well presented and very modern, well the parts we saw anyway! That afternoon we got a 1 hour taxi ride to a place called Genting Highlands which is kind of like a Disneyland in the sky for Asians and is situated north of Kuala Lumpur, approx 6,000 feet on top of a mountain. The views were brilliant on route and the road leading up the mountain would make for a cool drive in my old car…!!! Sob sob…

Advertisement



Tot: 0.115s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 11; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0504s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb