Day 3 KL - Markets and Massages in Little India


Advertisement
Malaysia's flag
Asia » Malaysia » Wilayah Persekutuan » Kuala Lumpur » China Town
August 17th 2011
Published: August 21st 2011
Edit Blog Post

Feeling like we know the place inside out, we hop on the train to get to Central Market. This is held mostly indoors in air conditionig - the best way do markets! Had the best chocolate and banana cake here and bought a few goods which was fun. It's quite funny purchasing some goods overseas - they seem absolutely essential while you're here but realise you'll most likely never use them again. Case in point - the fisherman's pants we picked up at the market! They did serve a purpose though - long pants to wear at the temples - however we doubt they'll come out of the closet for quite some time! At least its good value for money - both BJ and I can wear the same pair!

We gave our bargaining skills a workout again at China Town, and hope we didn't get ripped off. While it's all cheap, it does suck to walk on and find the same item at a lower price than what you got it for! No refunds at these shops! Anyway, we've learned to accept that we are happy to pay for things at the rate we do, otherwise we don't buy it.

Next up we searched out little India and found ourselves walking around in circles trying to find a blind massage parlour that we had noted down from Trip Advisor. With the YMCA as our landmark, which we passed numerous times, we gave up trying to find the recommended one and walked into the first one we saw. Grimacing throughout the full hour of torture, we paid our 80 ringget (about $24 in total) and felt good to at least tip them and help them earn a living.

Feeling battered and bruised but knowing the deep tissue massage was sure to iron out a few kinks, we headed back home and sat down for street food - only to realise we were just in a sidewalk restaurant and paid almost 4 times the amount we would have at the store next door. This is one purchase where we felt ripped off - especially being charged for peanuts we didn't order or eat!









Advertisement



Tot: 0.082s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 14; qc: 50; dbt: 0.047s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb