27-30 Apr Kuala Lumpur


Advertisement
Malaysia's flag
Asia » Malaysia » Wilayah Persekutuan » Kuala Lumpur » China Town
April 30th 2011
Published: June 17th 2011
Edit Blog Post

KL, the place to be! People and more people, cars and more cars. And in some paces, orderliness. You easily find yourself in some glossy places and turn the corner you feel you are right in the centre of somewhere you don't want to be at.

Taxi drivers tend to be ok, may be just our lucky day. They rarely chat to you, not sure why. They do seem to know the ways well, cutting down/up the hill and crossing unidentifiable lanes. Use pre-paid tickets where you can.

Food, KL is heaven. Go where the locals go. You may not like all the sight (or cleanliness), but trust me if the locals enjoy it, it's good. OK, perhaps ask some questions about what is the food exactly. Hawker stalls can be better quality than those from the "shop", but it's not easy to who serves what.

Having stayed in Bukit Bintang area, I still suggest put that as high on the list when you select accommodation. Prepared to ask for room change if there's a problem with the one assigned to you, or noise problem or other nuisance.

Public travel - main thing is that you have to battle with the heat! Just walking about burns you off. The monorail and LRT are enjoyable rides. Maybe we love that as tourists, the local complained about lack of seats and waiting too long for connections.



Advertisement



Tot: 0.108s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 13; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0749s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb