1st May Stansted


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Essex » Stansted Airport
May 1st 2011
Published: June 17th 2011
Edit Blog Post

AA flight was delayed a few minutes. Keen to be puntual (or to give a hard time to those who are late) might still be a good thing. Anyhow, the flight was fine; a bit cold, a bit hungry, a bit bored. That's the AA experience anyhow. Arriving Stansted airport, we ran into huge queues in immigration. Looks like 4 or 5 plane load of people arrived all at the same time. When confusion threw you having to take the little train from a building to the main building to get to your luggages, coming out of the train and seeing this sea of people really not moving much is a good start to your holiday! Anyhow, what seems like half a day, we finally reassembled with our luggages. Only to face an impossible task of getting some UK £1 coin to use the trolley. Cold and hungry (no longer bored), we wondered whether to change money now, and somehow also get a single £1 coin; we gave up and pulled the bags slowly, cold and hungry.

Well, we've been here before, so we are not so concerned about options of trains or coach into London. Once we know what we are doing, we decided to stop for some time and eat! Malaysian / Singaporean still fresh in our senses but now we are far away from that place. After plates of Italian cuisine, we got on our way.

The AA experience has been quite an eye-opener. We don't think we will use them again for long haul, unless where they fly from is at our door step. Or we are prepared to go slightly cold and a little bit hungry during the flight, which might not be a bad thing. But once you land you need to be all ready for another land travel or meeting, I would choose a more conventional method which gives me change to sleep.



Advertisement



Tot: 0.061s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 48; dbt: 0.036s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb