Kuala Lumpur (KL)


Advertisement
Published: March 17th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Symmetry..Symmetry..Symmetry..

and Dim thinks he's the good one with the camera!
The bus journey went smoothly, that is one thing, we have felt a lot safer on public transport since being here; however, when we arrived in KL we were greeted with lots of traffic and rain and it felt just like home! After arriving quite late and then traipsing through a busy market with the big bags and getting irritated by people not moving for us we found a hostel; it was a dive but for the price what did we expect and besides we were knackered.

That night we just got food and then went to bed. The next day we headed to the bird park, apparently the biggest open air bird aviary in the world and we weren’t disappointed – it was great to see all the birds and they seemed to have a lot of space too which was important to me as I don’t really like to see animals in captivity. We later had a wonder around Chinatown and got food and went back to the hostel. We had realized by this point that there was a brothel below us where Indian ladies took punters – Nice.

We visited the Twin Towers the next day; we had read in the Lonely Planet (which by the way has been wrong on more occasions than not) that if you go early and queue you can get free tickets – rubbish. It was only a small fee but for anyone reading that thinks this too it’s not the case! We decided to treat ourselves to a McDonalds breakfast that morning whilst we waited for our time slot to go up to the bridge in the towers. The views were great we could see a panoramic view of the city and so it was worth the little wait we had. We spent the rest of the afternoon in the shopping centre that surrounds the towers; Malaysia has a lot of shopping centres and it is a good way to escape the ridiculously hot and humid heat that was knocking us both for 6.

For our last night we wandered around Little India (they have a Little India and Chinatown in all the big towns and cities in Malaysia) and found a lovely vegetarian restaurant and took a steady walk home. On the way back some guy looked as though he was going to hit me, he made all
is it a river...is it a river...is it a river...

no its the street outside our guesthouse. We have seen some good storms here in Malaysia
the gestures but didn’t; I think he was unwell but it was still scary, after that we headed back to the guesthouse.

We liked KL for a city but we didn’t find that much to do but we still enjoyed our time there, next stop Malacca or Melaka (there seems to be several spellings).


Additional photos below
Photos: 29, Displayed: 23


Advertisement

and moreand more
and more

we saw these in the wild - in towns etc
HUGEHUGE
HUGE

I was glad there was a fence between us
one eyed open Owl.one eyed open Owl.
one eyed open Owl.

Julia this reminded me of you!
Feeding time.Feeding time.
Feeding time.

they were fluttering all over arrgghh
so cuteso cute
so cute

little baby chicks, the thing is we had watched them being fed to the hawks earlier -nice


18th March 2011

Fucking hell looks good! I'm at work and reading your blog. You can understand I wanna go back. x from Holland with love
2nd April 2011

Jan and Sophie
We have been thinking of you guys here in Western Oz we think you would both love it. the nature is so amazing, we shall all holiday here when we are old and grey! much love x

Tot: 0.142s; Tpl: 0.019s; cc: 7; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0741s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb