Loads of Indian Grub


Advertisement
Malaysia's flag
Asia » Malaysia » Melaka » Melaka City
March 10th 2011
Published: March 23rd 2011
Edit Blog Post

This content requires Flash
To view this content, JavaScript must be enabled, and you need the latest version of the Adobe Flash Player.
Download the free Flash Player now!
 Video Playlist:

1: Eat Your Heart Out David Bailey 37 secs
We were starting to get used to these smooth bus journeys now and Vietnam and Laos are already starting to feel like a thing of the distant past. We arrived in Melaka or Malacca (for some reason there are 2 different spellings) to more rain which isn’t much fun when you have 2 big back packs on your backs.

We arrived at Ringo’s Foyer a kind of home away from home hostel we had read about and was greeted very warmly by Howard the owner; luckily they had rooms and that is where we stayed for the next 5 nights and we loved it; our favourite hostel so far. That evening Howard introduced all the guests to each other and we all went out for Indian food; it was a lovely meal and the company was great too. On the way back I got shat on by a bird which was not very pleasant but good luck apparently! We were given a guided tour along with a couple from Scotland by Bernard another guest; bless him we were all a bit knackered but he was an interesting guy.

The rest of our days were spent talking to people; Jane and Steve a Brummy couple who were being left in charge of the hotel, much to their amusement (with the help of lovely Sam; a guy who worked there who was also so lovely) whilst Howard is on holiday. Also, we spent a lot of time with Stephanie and Niels from Holland (we love the Dutch!) who were travelling for a month in Thailand so we ended up sharing tips with them. The rest of the time was spent chilling out at the guest house, cycling around the town and by the river (where we saw a huge water lizard close up which was ace), going around shopping centres to stay cool, wandering through the weekend night market and eating lovely food. The last night was nice as a few of us visited the Indian we went to on the 1st night and had their lovely food again; an excellent way to end a really great time in Malaysia surrounded by good people and lovely food. Next stop the bright, bright lights of Singapore…


Additional photos below
Photos: 20, Displayed: 20


Advertisement

HowardHoward
Howard

Posing under the tree, where, shortly afterwards i was pooed on!!
Chavvy cycle carriageChavvy cycle carriage
Chavvy cycle carriage

These were all over town carrying tourists and all playing really loud tunes - sometimes hardcore - not nice.
Young Jacko..Young Jacko..
Young Jacko..

This little lad was singing Michael Jackson tunes, not sure how much he wanted to do it but he was sweet.
more Indian..more Indian..
more Indian..

We couldn't get enough of this while we were here!
Chinese parade..Chinese parade..
Chinese parade..

from the guesthouse window
Ringos..Ringos..
Ringos..

we loved it here, but to be honest didn't get up to much exciting stuff in Melaka, as you can see.


23rd March 2011

We love the english!

Tot: 0.152s; Tpl: 0.022s; cc: 7; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0691s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb