Home 2, where diet coke flows freely and sarnies are the food of choice‏


Advertisement
Published: June 13th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Slept much better in this room though we still shared a single bed as Rob's was a bit pants. Got taxi to airport at about 8. It's only 10mins away but they charge 40,000! When we got there we couldn't see the flight on the screen and Rob started to get a little worried but when we got to the counter it was fine and we checked in with ease until the guy mentioned the airport tax which we hadn't budgeted for (75,000 each). I had enough still on me and luckily Rob had some ringitts he could change. Next was immigration where I realised I had somehow managed to lose my departure card so I had to queue twice.

We were far too early (I blame Rob :p he insists on getting to the airport "with plenty of time spare in case of any unforeseen problems", but this just means a longer time sitting bored at airport!) and ended up sitting about for 2hrs. Flight was about 30mins late takig off but still managed to land on time, somehow Air Asia always manage to pull this off. As we're now experts in KL the next hour of two went without any hiccups and we got to our hostel by bus and train for the cheap price of RM9.

We're trying out a new GH, Matahari Lodge which is really close to the train station but still near Chinatown. GH is pretty similar to Reggae GH. Rooms are clean and nicely decorated, shared bathrooms are clean and there are plenty, there are also cheap laundry facilities on each floor, a little kitchen where you can get a free toast breakfast, a cosy t.v. area and internet for RM3/hr (though this is very slow). I like it more than Reggae in the way that you don't have to walk through the communal area in just your towel to get to the shower but I must say Reggae's beds are much comfier!

After tea (and Robby sorting out the washing) we worked out an itinerary and budget for Malaysia and we managed to get some photos on here for the first time in ages.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.086s; Tpl: 0.019s; cc: 13; qc: 29; dbt: 0.05s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb