David's Midas Touch continues


Advertisement
Malaysia's flag
Asia » Malaysia » Terengganu
August 26th 2016
Published: December 13th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 5.21678, 103.269

Well, listen up, John Legan....
By now we know everyone at the hotel who is staff, and they know we are keen snorkelers. Allen, the chef, sees us every morning for breakfast and has invited David out for drinks on night 2. Saw, the dive instructor, a Christian from Myanmar, by the way, has arranged by day 3 that we just wait near the jetty at 11:30 am today, and when the divers go off to the other side of the island to dive, we hop on and slip the boat man a few ringits. When we have a beer with Allen on night 3 he too says he has made private arrangements for us to hop onto the boat trip (package) to go snorkeling on the other side of the island at 2:30--for free. How to tell him that we appreciate so much all his work, but that we might just do the morning one because it is required to wear lifejackets on the snorkeling boat trips--which David will not too.
He understood.
So, on the dive boat we met Angela and Francesco from Napoli. A delightful couple - and maybe our shining example of matrimonial bliss will encourage them 😊 Francesco is a surgeon; Angela a pharmacist. Angela later took her first diving class and went to 14 meters - an amazing feat for a first timer. Francesco was ecstatic, as he loves diving. Anyway, we wandered about 15 mins to a virtually abandoned side of the island for fresh fish with them - very very very tasty. And by the end of the evening we had met some of their other acquaintances and been invited to visit his summer house in Minori (Amalfi coast! one of our other fav places in the world).
It was a lovely relaxed evening - we had introduced them to our friends the Giant green moray and the lovely spade fish, and so we had ended our snorkeling adventures on a high note.
Packing up for tomorrow..... 😞

Advertisement



Tot: 0.445s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 13; qc: 57; dbt: 0.1348s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.1mb