Paradise in Perhentian Islands


Advertisement
Malaysia's flag
Asia » Malaysia » Terengganu » Perhentian Besar
June 28th 2007
Published: June 28th 2007
Edit Blog Post

On the 28th June we finally left Thailand and headed into Malaysia on an 8 hour bus ride. Our first destination was the Perhentian Islands, which are two islands, the large and the small. The larger one has slightly nicer accommodation and is therefore slightly more expensive - needless to say we stayed on the smaller island!

The island is quite stunning. As we got off the boat the sea was so clear it was unbelieveable, you could see right to the bottom and the sand was so white and fine.

One of the main reasons for going there was for the scuba diving. However, thought I'd better avoid it this time as I didn't want my dog bite being chomped on by the Wrasse fish - the little buggers. So I just chilled out for the 4 days that we were there. The small island is also known as the 'party' island. However, I use this in the loosest context as there is one bar - I think this is mainly due to it being a Muslim country and therefore alcohol is not so easy to come by.

Couldn't fault the setting, but for now we're going to leave the beaches behind for a bit and make our way to KL.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.116s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 14; qc: 61; dbt: 0.0572s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb