Afternoon tea in the Cameron Highlands


Advertisement
Malaysia's flag
Asia » Malaysia » Pahang » Cameron Highlands
July 4th 2007
Published: July 4th 2007
Edit Blog Post

To break the coach journey up between the Perhentian Islands and KL we stopped off on route at the Cameron Highlands. One of the reasons for this is that it's a lot cooler there.
The accommodation there was a little over budget (approx $20) a night between us, however, it was an apartment and as we walked in we actually thought that it was someone's home. So it was nice just to relax in the evening and watch a couple of films. we also did a little hike. There are several routes to take, and we were recommended route 9a which is a gentle jaunt through a mini rain forest, which takes about an hour. That was fine, quite scenic and had a little waterfall etc. At the end however, we had to get back to the main town which meant taking the main road uphill for 10km. Altogether we reckoned we walked about 15km, which would have been fine, however my shoes were giving me blisters so with 6km to go I took them off and walked in my socks. Not too sure which was the better option. Anyway, on the way back we stopped off at a tea plantation and had a spot of afternoon tea and a slice of carrot cake - thougth I'd earnt it by this point - very picturesque. The following day we headed off to the capital of Malaysia, Kuala Lumpur.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.094s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 58; dbt: 0.0503s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb