Squatting in a Borneo Dental Clinic


Advertisement
Malaysia's flag
Asia » Malaysia » Sarawak » Kuching
October 15th 2009
Published: December 6th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Andrea and Miss Finger Puppet Andrea and Miss Finger Puppet Andrea and Miss Finger Puppet

If you're in Kuching and need a scale job, definitely go to this place. It's on the block with all the goldsmiths.
Here we are, Andrea & I, in the Choo Pok Shing Dental Clinic of Kuching, where we've been camping in the waiting room for almost two hours now. Turns out they don't do whitening, only scaling. OK, I said, and returned to the waiting room. "Why don't they leave?" they ask themselves. There is no A/C but a large fan and comfy sofas.

Melody and Benjamin have gone off to scout out accommodation options. "When will they return?" we ask ourselves. Meanwhile Andrea has entertained me with a half-hour extemporaneous finger puppet play, in which I played the straight man. Miss Finger Puppet is, for the record, RIDICULOUS. Yes, she is.

I feel run-down. I need a nap and an early bedtime. Where are our intrepid housing scouts? Have they succumbed to the jungle so quickly? We're stuck here because the two of us can't carry all the stuff, and because we have nowhere to go. We are temporarily homeless, squatting in a dentist's office.





Advertisement



Tot: 0.069s; Tpl: 0.007s; cc: 7; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0384s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb