Uncle Tan


Advertisement
Malaysia's flag
Asia » Malaysia » Sabah
June 24th 2007
Published: June 24th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Just a quick one I'mafraid folks.... I'm too tired to write much!! We'e spent the last 3 days at Uncle Tan's jungle camp, which is what it says on the tin! We went on boat safaris on the river at 6am (thus the tiredness!), 5pm and 9pm and also did a day trek and a night trek (I was queen of the jungle on that one - was the only one in the group to hold a scorpion and I spotted a huntsman spider!). We saw loads of stuff, crocodiles, probiscus monkeys (the ugliest monkeys in the world , depressing thing is the Malays call them "dutchmen" cos they remind them of Europeans!! - look them up!), loads and loads of different macaque monkeys - including some naughty ones who stole the milk everyday and broke into our hut to steal our chocolate biscuits!. We also saw loads of creepy crawlies, tarantulas, frogs, leopard cats, civets (kind of like cats bred with racoons), and some hornbill birds. Missed out on orangutans though!!

We stayed in the human equivalent of a chicken shed and it was very muddy (not quite Glastonbury standards though!) but we got fed well and een had afternoon tea!!

Now we are in a town in the mountains in order to use the cash machine - tomorrow we are hoping to climb Mount Kinabalu, provided we can arrange accomodation half way up. So much organisation!!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.089s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0561s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb