KK - Sandakan - Sepilok


Advertisement
Malaysia's flag
Asia » Malaysia » Sabah » Sepilok Orang Utan Sanctuary
April 11th 2007
Published: April 11th 2007
Edit Blog Post

KK - Sandakan - Sepilok

 Asia » Malaysia » Borneo » Sabah » Sepilok By Sophia C
April 11th 2007
Around the World
Today we got a flight to Sandakan from KK. From here went to Sepilok which is where the Orangutan Santuary is. Even though we knew it was going to be touristy, I could not miss out on seeing them!

Arrived in Sepilok just in time for the afternoon feeding. This is suppose to be quieter than the morning when they have over 100 people! There was about 40 of us which was fine as were able to get good view of the Orangutans. We then wandered off to to one of the trails in the forest (which was pretty poor!) then headed back to the feeding platform where we discovered there was a second sitting, and some monkeys had turned up for feeding! This was a great stroke of luck as now there was one about 15 people and the monkeys were all over the platform - so touching distance! This was a little scary when some of the bigger males showed you who's boss!


Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement

Banana Time!Banana Time!
Banana Time!

Was amazing watching these guys eat and interact!
The Feeding PlatformThe Feeding Platform
The Feeding Platform

The bananas were delivered, and devoured.. some greedy Orangutans took the whole bunched and devoured them!!
Posing for the camera...Posing for the camera...
Posing for the camera...

The Orangutans seemed to be quite used to being watched while they ate!
Monkey Feeding TimeMonkey Feeding Time
Monkey Feeding Time

The turn of the Monkeys on the feeding platform


Tot: 0.133s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 10; qc: 61; dbt: 0.0667s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb