Diving Borneo!!!!!!


Advertisement
Malaysia's flag
Asia » Malaysia » Sabah » Semporna
September 15th 2010
Published: September 15th 2010
Edit Blog Post

I made it to Semporna and slept for most of the day nursing my painful body feeling like a wimp..
Next morning though I got in the water and felt amazing again!

Out of Semporna I dived the northern islands - Sibuan, Mantabuan, Sabangkat etc..and it was lovely! I also did a night dive at Semporna jetty. So much rubbish and scary stuff in the water but the creatures under the water there were amazing!!!!

On my 4th day I went out to Mabul and stayed there for 5 nights and dived for 6 days. It was a lovely paradise island with superb diving. I went all round Mabul as well as Kapalai, Sipidan and my favourite - Siamil!
I saw so many beautiful things! My first sea horse, and another 30 or so! Over 50 turtles, rhinopia, ribbon eel, several different species of octopus and cuttle fish, squid, stone fish, frogfish, sea moth, spotted eagle ray, cowfish, wasp fish, pipefish, decorator crabs and much much more!!!

The dive staff were great and I met some lovely people so I had a brilliant time all in all!

I met two english girls that happened to be going to Sulawesi as well, very nice. They arrive there 2 days before me so that will be cool - hopefully we can dive Bunaken and Lembeh together!

This really is the life...I have spent far too much money - but the good times are 'as mastercard says' PRICELESS!!

Now Im sitting in Singapore eating divine Turkish food and getting ready to head to the airport again.

Bali next!


Additional photos below
Photos: 70, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.118s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 19; qc: 75; dbt: 0.0864s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb