Kuching to KK


Advertisement
Malaysia's flag
Asia » Malaysia » Sabah » Kota Kinabalu
June 15th 2011
Published: June 15th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Before my flight to KK i wanted to work out how people post parcels, as its not possible to buy postage bags or boxes. Having been given a box at the hostel that had been a paper box and they cut down for me, i bought some strong cotton and tape. After queuing up at the express post counter i was then sent away with a form to fill in and queue up again, a complete nightmare, one queue and everyone has to queue up twice? But i did it and after admiring my packaging work off it went home.
The only way to get to Kuching airport is by taxi, no public transport what so ever, but it all went rather smoothly and i arrived in KK on time. Now getting from KK airport into the city is just as hard work! Waiting for the bus that might make it round once an hour is hard work after a flight, this bus then takes you to a bus station where you have to catch a city bus into the city.
This time i stayed in Sensi backpackers, very nice! even get big soft towels (important), with Zoe, Sally and Lee. After specking with Sutera lodge about a possible refund on my hike due to my ankle (gutted, badly want to do it) they told me it wasn't possible but name and date change are so i changed the date with hope to sell it. The guys arrived from Uncle Tans about 8ish and we went out for dinner (noodles or rice?).

Having discovered there isn't really much to do in KK and most of it i had done on my last visit here i had my hair all chopped off for an amazing 18rm, spoke with Bj about my volunteer placement at Kinabalu Mountain Lodge, checked the town out a bit and planned Indonesia. For dinner i had Laksa, everywhere you go it is slightly different but most of the time it is amazing and this was one of them.

Today we headed up to the clocktower, look-out and for a drink in the shopping mall over-looking the river for a delicious mint choc and oreo milkshake with ice-cream, so good. For dinner we went to an Italian restaurant with 50% off pizza and pasta. The pasta was amazing but felt so out of place eventhought it was cheap it was posh and we didnt look it.
Tomorrow its off to the National Park on the bus that doesnt have a departure time again.


Additional photos below
Photos: 22, Displayed: 22


Advertisement



Tot: 0.145s; Tpl: 0.016s; cc: 8; qc: 53; dbt: 0.0661s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb