Why does it always rain on me?


Advertisement
Malaysia's flag
Asia » Malaysia » Sabah » Kota Kinabalu
February 27th 2008
Published: February 27th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Ok tomorrow we are heading off on a tour like no other that we have been on so far. The challenge: which we have accecpted is to climb Mt Kinabulu.

Wiki describe it as:
In 1997, a re-survey using satellite technology established its summit (known as Low’s Peak) height at 4,095 metres (13,435 ft) above sea level, which is some 6 metres (20 ft) less than the previously thought and hitherto published figure of 4,101 metres (13,455 ft). The mountain is the fourth tallest in Southeast Asia behind Hkakabo Razi of Myanmar (5881 m), Puncak Jaya (4884 m) and Puncak Trikora (4750 m) of Papua, Indonesia, and is therefore also the tallest in Malaysia and on the island of Borneo, which Malaysia shares with Indonesia and Brunei.

Sounds like a doddle as you need no specialist equipment or even any great level of physical fitness.

A decision was made today that we would be leaving on the 2nd March as we can no longer stand Malaysian food and are fed up of the damn rain!

No other news except for the 2nd day running we went to the cinema and viewed Flood. This is quite pertinent being that the weather here is appaling-not a patch on Swansea. Good job I brought a pac-a-mac...

Advertisement



Tot: 0.075s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 7; qc: 43; dbt: 0.0346s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb