Raleigh International - Phase 1 - Environmental Project - Imbak Canyon


Advertisement
Malaysia's flag
Asia » Malaysia » Sabah » Kota Kinabalu
March 6th 2007
Published: March 6th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0

Kota Kinabalu


Imbak CanyonImbak CanyonImbak Canyon

View looking over Imbak after an hours climb through prime rainforest to the top.....Awesome.

Raleigh International - Phase 1 - Environmental Project - Imbak Canyon

 Asia » Malaysia » Borneo » Sabah » Kota Kinabalu By Jo Warren
March 6th 2007
Kota Kinabalu
Jo Warren
Eighteen days in the jungle - who would of thought I'd make it!!!Washing in rivers, burning poo paper over the fire..... picking leeches off my skin.. and no make up or hair straighteners...it was fantastic I loved it!!! Its quite liberating being grafted with mud and not looking in a mirror for weeks!!

Basically what we were doing in Imbak was living at the'BBC Camp' and starting to build the foundations of a suspension bridge to encourage scientists to come work in this prime jungle ..and yep it was jungle - no getting dropped off at base camp....we had a nice little trek with all our living and working accesories for 3 weeks to the camp!!! We worked hard and played hard so it was all good!!!


Additional photos below
Photos: 41, Displayed: 22


Advertisement

Imbak Canyon WaterfallImbak Canyon Waterfall
Imbak Canyon Waterfall

The waterfall just around the corner from BBC Camp - A nice swimming place on our afternoons off!
WaterfallWaterfall
Waterfall

Having a bathe!!!!
Bridge over the riverBridge over the river
Bridge over the river

This bridge was our only access to camp and if it rained there was no way we were crossing the river .....
Our Bath!!!Our Bath!!!
Our Bath!!!

River below camp to wash, bathe and do our laundry in!!!
ScorpianScorpian
Scorpian

Similar to the one that bit me - although mine was smaller.....more deadly!!!!
The GuysThe Guys
The Guys

Chilling around camp in the evenings....Ronley of course with his shirt off always but he's allowed - just look at that body...!!!
Me and EllaMe and Ella
Me and Ella

After a hard days work!!!
Drying our clothes..Drying our clothes..
Drying our clothes..

After a week in the jungle we were sick of wearing smelly damp clothes ....no one came up with the idea before of drying the clothes over the fire!!!
SuzieSuzie
Suzie

Our Project Manager - We just couldnt take the work anymore .......
TarquinTarquin
Tarquin

Chilling in the hammock!!!
Yep it rained again..Yep it rained again..
Yep it rained again..

The loop (fieldbase team) came out to deliver our mail and bring luxuries such as cigerettes and cans of coke!!!! But yep it rained again and so they were stuck with us for two days untill they braved the river crossing.
SnakeSnake
Snake

This snake we found just outside camp - however they always travel in pairs - we never found his mate!!!!
Jo. Will and Harry..Jo. Will and Harry..
Jo. Will and Harry..

After dinner....full once again from Raleigh rations!!!!
Will Will
Will

Will sweetie you make me giggle!!!
Me and OmarMe and Omar
Me and Omar

Omar was our ranger for the three weeks - always there to amuse and sing to us and the massages were great.
Me and Ronley..Me and Ronley..
Me and Ronley..

Im sure Ronley was sick of me after 3 months - Ronleys from Sabah but a village in the jungle so speaks little english - conversation between us was the funniest though...
ChrisChris
Chris

Chris our PM always sleeping - caught in teh act and still with his head torch on!!!


Tot: 0.076s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 5; qc: 30; dbt: 0.0449s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb