Dive, dive, dive.


Advertisement
Malaysia's flag
Asia » Malaysia » Sabah » Kota Kinabalu
April 8th 2007
Published: April 8th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Touched down in Kota Kinsbalu late afternoon. Air Asia is a little shambolic but they seem to get the job done. Greeted by an over-excited dude holding a piece of plastic with my name on, after a hearty handshake we went to his jeep packed 2 feet from the airport. A short drive and we were at the hostel, it has everything we need and is pretty good but not what I expected. It is basically a family home, with just a couple of dorm rooms. Can't complain tho, they seem friendly. Not much in the town really, doesn't seem too touristy. Found a proper Malay supermarket tho, can't believe how cheap things are. Found a bakery brought a few things that look like bread only to bite into them and get a strange evil goo or something (as always). There's only 5-6 other people staying here, haven't seen them yet but doubt they'll be out too long the town is pretty quite and drink is really expensive. It is very heavily taxed and a small bottle of beer is over a pound even in 7-11's. Gonna be sober for another week and a half.

Going snorkelling with the rest of the hostel tomorrow. Also have to decide when I am diving as there seems to be a big demand to get on the island and you ahve to apply for a permit. Have to plan the diving around the football tho. Going to be weird sitting here at 3am alone in someone else's house watching the football. Watched Utd last night, was not happy.

Getting good at this travelling lark tho, bus, train, plane all today no problems.

Later days.

U-N-I-T-E-D-!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.064s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0441s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb