Uncle Tans - Welcome back to the jungle


Advertisement
Malaysia's flag
Asia » Malaysia » Sabah » Kinabatangan
June 15th 2008
Published: June 15th 2008
Edit Blog Post

More monkey businessMore monkey businessMore monkey business

More orangutans !
Our next stop was at the Kinabatangan river for a 3 days camp at a place called Uncle Tans. We started by going to yet another Orangutan sanctuary (There are only 4 in the world so we've now been to half !). Before heading downriver to the camp.

It was basic accomodation, a matress on the floor, six people to a hut and river water to wash in ! But the food was good and we saw plenty of animals. Day and night cruises were all good and it's amazing what lives very close to camp (See photo's) we even stayed up late one night to watch a civet cat come in to raid the bins !

Met loads of great people as well but we seemed to be the only boat that didn't see wild Orangutans which was a shame. Jacky was very pleased to see proboscis monkeys which she was desperate to see, they apprear to be the most un-coordinated monkeys around !!! (Crashing into trees and even falling on the floor). I'm sure I will bore many of you with my animal shots on return !


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement

Night safariNight safari
Night safari

This is a stork billed kingfisher that we seen whilst cruising the river at night.
Friends around the campFriends around the camp
Friends around the camp

Amazing what you find with about 100m of where we stayed, the kinda place that you shake your shoes out before putting them on !


Tot: 0.144s; Tpl: 0.019s; cc: 10; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0515s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb