Final New Country


Advertisement
Malaysia's flag
Asia » Malaysia » Penang
May 18th 2008
Published: May 19th 2008
Edit Blog Post

We had a short flight from Chiang Mai to Kuala Lumpur & stayed in chinatown for a few days. The highlight was seeing the Petronas Towers. They were the tallest twin towers in the world until fairly recently & were very impressive. They give away free tickets to go up to the skybridge on the 42nd floor which connects the 2 towers together & gives you a good view over KL. The towers look even more impressive at night all lit up. We had a nice meal watching the sun go down & the lights come on.

We went to the cinema to see Iron Man which was good.

We then caught the most comfortable bus so far on all of our travels to Lumut. The bus only had 3 seats across rather than the usual 4 or sometimes 5!! They were like big arm chairs that you could practically lay horizontally on with leg rests. Didnt stop my ankles swelling up again though. We had 1 night in Lumut Port & got the lunch time ferry over to an island called Pangkor. We decided to spoil ourselves & stay for a week on a beach resort. It was wonderful. The hotel was in its own bay, 2 big swimming pools a stones throw away from the private beach, white sand & a very nice room overlooking the sea. It felt really odd having nothing to do all day but chill. We went into town for lunch one day & it was a real shocker.

Pangkor Island has dense jungle in the centre & we got visits every morning & evening from the monkeys. They can see the fruit in the rooms & have learnt how to open the doors to get to it. It was odd to see & hear them turning the door handles. There are signs everywhere reminding you to lock your balcony door. They got into our room one day when the maid was cleaning it & they stole our toothpaste. We thought they all had lovely white smiles!! They also chased me down the stairs trying to get our rucksack which had fruit in it. They growl & show their teeth & are quite intimidating.

The hotel feed the hornbill birds each night. Other residents were peacocks, 2 cats, monitor lizards & loads of geckos.

I felt baby Annie kick for the first time which was amazing. Miles could also feel her & was chuffed.

Miles was a hero, saving a little boy from possible drowning. He forgot that he didnt have his armbands on & jumped in the pool & didnt re-surface. Bless him, he was very shocked & under for some time. He soon forgot about his ordeal though which was good. Dad bought Miles a drink to say thank you. We also watched Man U win the Premiership & Fulham stay up. Chris & Tina can breathe a sigh of relief. Well done boys.

After a week on the beach we caught a bus to Butterworth & then a ferry over to Penang & we are staying in Georgetown for a few days. Its a bit of a dive, but there are quite a few sites to see. We then plan to make our way back over the boarder to Thailand where its low season & cheaper where as here in Malaysia its peak season for some strange reason.

Thats all for now xxx



Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement

Peace Man!Peace Man!
Peace Man!

Chris - Miles was so jealous of your new sunglasses he just had to get a pair!!


19th May 2008

Did you ever know that your my herooooooo!
Miles How many more children can you save from drowning....remember Sam in Spain. Sounds like you are a true hero....well done Sounds like you had a lovely week....nice and relaxing ( Ithought you were meant to be in hostels!!!) Lovely to see up to date pictures...non of you though Mand....are you saving yourself for the big reveal!!!!!! Ha Ha Love you lots J xxxxxxxxxxxx
21st May 2008

Just love the lesssssssssssssssss! smile
I also seem to recall you and i pulling our Sam from under the water during the Euro Disney trip with Mum and Dad. Although you are a hero without doubt, i also wonder whether you are a bit of a bloody curse!!! Love to you both,) See you both soon, very exciting M,K,S.Cand Hxxxxxxxxxxxxx P.S we want some belly shots (preferably Mandy's)

Tot: 0.111s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 13; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0602s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb