Taman Negara


Advertisement
Malaysia's flag
Asia » Malaysia » Pahang » Taman Negara National Park
December 9th 2010
Published: December 9th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Taman NegaraTaman NegaraTaman Negara

Floating villages of a small TM
Spent 3 nights in Taman Negara for 10 ringits a night (2 pound) and I must admit the hostel wasn't the greatest in terms of cleanliness, but had a good vibe in the evenings and the hostel owner and his friends were pretty helpful and fun. They would play guitar and sing some tunes that they know and a good place to meet other travellers. Hostel is called Ripple Hostel.

Anyone wanting to do the canopy walk, you have no need to spend 35 Ringits that they try charging you outside the park as it only costs you 5 Ringits and is easily accessible without the guide and the trek to Bukit Teresek is pretty simple. The canopy walk was alright, parts of it were under construction so didn't last that long, but it is pretty high. I didn't do much else as most things seemed a bit steep and it was quite hot inside the jungle. I came a cropper to one leech which wormed it's way through my trainer and socks. Only noticed it when I saw blood dripping from my foot in the shower and later found the leech in my room.

Anyone wanting to have
Bukit TeresekBukit TeresekBukit Teresek

View from Bukit Teresek
a drink should bring there own from Jerantut as Taman Negara is dry. The resort in the national park charges you about 4 pound for a small tiger can, so it's just not worth it. The floating restaurants are nice places to eat for good value, but I must warn you the place is very small any nothing there at all. Make sure you bring enough money as no ATM's.

If you like trekking (Chris and Dave) I'd recommend Taman Negara, as the walks are fun, but tiring. Next stop Cameron Highlands which will involve more trekking, but a cooler climate.


Additional photos below
Photos: 16, Displayed: 16


Advertisement

WildlifeWildlife
Wildlife

A lizard taking a stroll
Canopy WalkwayCanopy Walkway
Canopy Walkway

Me gripping on for dear life
Floating restaurantsFloating restaurants
Floating restaurants

Lashing it down
Boat tripBoat trip
Boat trip

Boat away from Taman Negara
RiverRiver
River

Swimming area in the jungle


Tot: 0.39s; Tpl: 0.017s; cc: 8; qc: 44; dbt: 0.3012s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 3; ; mem: 1.1mb