Taman Negara (National Park), Cameron Highlands


Advertisement
Malaysia's flag
Asia » Malaysia » Pahang » Taman Negara National Park
October 25th 2005
Published: December 27th 2005
Edit Blog Post

We drove out to Taman Negara in Landrovers with Francis & Kumar. On route we stopped at the tea plantation to have a look at the terraces & learn about the different grades of tea that are produced, it would appear that the quality of tea is inversely proportional to the amount of milk you have to add. We made a note of the flowering orange pekoe (the highest grade) for later.
After looking down through the clouds over the national park from the mountain lookout we walked through the mossy forest learing about the medicinal & narcotic uses of the various plants that grow there. Kumar knew the common & latin names of all the plants that we passed & the exact quantities to take to poison or cure. Having precariously trudged through the forest, over tree roots & under low hanging moss covered branches we reached another lookout that had great views over the green carpeted hills covered in tea plants. We got back to the tea plantation a little muddy after our walk & found it was closed as the bank holiday Monday had not provided any tea for processing. We sneaked in anyway to see the machines & luckily the tea room was still open so we could have a cuppa & cake over the terraces.


Advertisement



Tot: 0.04s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 9; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0193s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb