Rough plan for the year...


Advertisement
Malaysia's flag
Asia » Malaysia » Pahang » Pulau Tioman
May 12th 2008
Published: June 9th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Diving in TiomanDiving in TiomanDiving in Tioman

The local airport
G'day everyone

For those of you that didn't know, i've left Australia again. Have arrived back over in Ireland for around a month or two of work. After that the plan is to head over to the U.S for a few months and then work my way home after that.

Stopped in to Tioman island off the east coast of Malaysia to do some diving on the way. It was a beautiful island that has managed to avoid mass commercialisation. There are 6 or 7 villages around the shore of the island but nothing but jungle in the middle so the only way to get to the other side of the island is by boat or jungle trek. Plenty of wildlife including monkeys and fairly large (one metre plus) monitor lizards.

Had a great time - nice and relaxing. Started off a little slow with a few small problems here and there (one of the main ones being fairly ordinary food at the place i was staying) - but as the week went on everything got better and better. The diving was good - a few different wreck sites and some massive boulders underwater as well as plenty of coral and tropical fish. A few sharks, turtles and barracuda here and there as well.

Have put a few photos up of the island as well a a couple from home from just before i left. Had my parents, aunt and uncle over for a few days in Kinsale last week which was great. Went for a hit with dad out at the golf course where i work. Put a few photo's of that up as well.

Leb - can you send me email addresses for Monty, Obes, Faz, Sammy K.
Simon - can you send me Drake's email address.

Hope everyone is good, look forward to hearing all the news.
Crooksy





Additional photos below
Photos: 16, Displayed: 16


Advertisement

Diving in TiomanDiving in Tioman
Diving in Tioman

One of the dive spots
Diving in TiomanDiving in Tioman
Diving in Tioman

My accommodation on the island
Diving in TiomanDiving in Tioman
Diving in Tioman

My dive guide Sonja and our taxi driver...not exactly his best 'Blue Steel'.
Diving in TiomanDiving in Tioman
Diving in Tioman

The view from my room.
KinsaleKinsale
Kinsale

My folks
The Old Head Golf LinksThe Old Head Golf Links
The Old Head Golf Links

That's a good lookin' pair of fellas
BrisbaneBrisbane
Brisbane

How a house should be...two big arsed tv's with nothing but sport.
CC & McPhie at the racesCC & McPhie at the races
CC & McPhie at the races

McPhie and his ladies
CC & McPhie at the racesCC & McPhie at the races
CC & McPhie at the races

...with just a little bit of encouragement from McPhie we can make the world a better place.
CC & McPhie at the racesCC & McPhie at the races
CC & McPhie at the races

The Lebanese Leprechaun showed up a little later on.


10th June 2008

That's good looking pair of fellas
Defenetly is Crooks. I am just so sorry I haven't got a chance to get a kiss from the one on the left :)
16th June 2008

golfing
nice shots of the professional golfers - the old one looks fit, thanks for the text

Tot: 0.08s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0513s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb