Blowing the Budget


Advertisement
Malaysia's flag
Asia » Malaysia » Pahang » Kuantan
July 22nd 2007
Published: August 8th 2007
Edit Blog Post

The journey to Kuantan was a bit of an ordeal, the economy bus was somewhat lacking in luggage space so we had to sit with our bags, which aren’t the lightest or smallest. The bus was also over an hour late and the journey six hours. However it was worth the DVT for our luxurious junior suite at the Swiss Garden Resort and Spa. We had actually booked the cheapest room available at this hotel, but were gratefully upgraded. We have been taking advantage of the hotels facilities, despite the rain, which always seems to arrive when we check in somewhere decent with a pool!

Eating too much western food (I had the biggest BBQ ribs I have ever seen) but we will be back to the local delicacies soon enough. The local Malaysian cabaret act has been as amusing as ever. Additionally made the most of the TV, had a late night last night watching the Grand Prix and caught up with the news, hope no one has been badly affected by the flooding in Gloucestershire (our house included!). Also watched our fair share of football since the Asia Cup is on and Man Utd are touring Asia.

Short and sweet blog, like our stay here. Off to try and catch a bus to Mersing now so that we can take a boat to Tioman tomorrow, where we are staying for four nights.


Advertisement



Tot: 0.053s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 10; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0329s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb