Welcome to the jungle!


Advertisement
Malaysia's flag
Asia » Malaysia » Pahang » Cameron Highlands
January 20th 2010
Published: January 22nd 2010
Edit Blog Post

We decided to go on a jungle trek today, just the two of us...recipe for disaster 😉 so after a helping of scrambled eggs, booking our all day tour for tomorrow and checking with the receptionist that the trail should be alright after the rain we wandered into town to find the start of the trek. Unfortunately due to the rubbish maps we had (yes I shall blame our tools) we ended up doing a trek just to find out where we should be!

Anyhoo we started to walk down to Robinson's waterfall and about 3mins in I slipped and landed on my bum on the very slidey pavement tiles 😞 After carefully edging myself down and seeing the pretty waterfall the thick jungle terrain began. At first it wasn't too taxing just little rivers, narrow muddy pathways and slippy bits but towards the end it got very testing. Clambering over big logs, jumping bits where the pavement had collapsed, lambadaring under trees and slipping and sliding. It got quite hairy at times and by the time we reached the end we decided we really didn't want to walk back the same way (by this time we'd walked about 5km) so we started to walk up and along the main road to Tenah Rata and not far along we realised that we were 9kms from town (the road is very bendy). So we walked a little until a taxi beeped at us and we caved and jumped in. The taxi was already carrying tow passengers so we got in the back with a very odd man who stared at us intently whilst grinning inanely!

We had a very welcome shower when we got back and indulged in some yummy salads at the hostel. We watched The Ugly Truth and Hot Fuzz in the TV room and I had scones and jam as you do in the Cameron Highlands 😊


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



Tot: 0.158s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 12; qc: 62; dbt: 0.0815s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb