Near death experience


Advertisement
Malaysia's flag
Asia » Malaysia » Pahang » Cameron Highlands
January 19th 2010
Published: January 19th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Up bright and early this morning, had brekkie and showered (in mens shower as there was a q for the ladies!). Yet again it started raining on our way to bus station luckily not too heavy and again the platform given to us was a lie but it was no stress and the bus was lovely and spacious.

Had a toilet break halfway through the 4hr journey and toilets were pretty yakky. Back on bus I went on a mini cockroach killing spree before blocking up the hole they seemed to be emerging from. When we started to ascend the Cameron Highlands the bus journey got quite scary and mainly consisted of blind corners and the bus driver seemingly attempting to roll the bus! Views were great though and after numerous near death experiences we arrived safely and were greeted by Mr Suresh who took us and a few other folk to the hostel by mini bus.

Fathers Hostel is really lovely. The room looks more like a hotel than a hostel and is really big! Western toilets too. We had a little walk into town and had an ice cream and some scrumptious pancakes- I had coconut and peanut filling and Robby had lemon and sugar. I then decided we should go on a walk heheh so we wandered down to the scenic viewpoint which took about an hour. It's really nice here, people beep and wave as they pass you.

Had yet another shower then decided to grab yet more food! The cafe at the hostel is really sweet, they do a bargain breakfast, afternoon scones with jam and cream and really good value delicious meals in the evening. I had a mega tuna salad and it was huuuge and Rob had chicken and veg with rice. We went into the tv room after with a cuppa but the film that came on was Lovely Bones which we just watched last month so we walked to internet cafe in town.


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



Tot: 0.194s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 13; qc: 65; dbt: 0.1044s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb