Melaka Mummas


Advertisement
Malaysia's flag
Asia » Malaysia » Melaka » Melaka City
December 19th 2005
Published: December 19th 2005
Edit Blog Post

Hi Everyone.
We have just arrived in Melaka after 5 nights in Singapore. We stayed in a funny part of town called Little India and felt that we were in Bombay instead! People everywhere, Hindu mosks, and all we ate was roti with masala... Felicity had a great time picking holes in these big puffy breads they serve - it's the little things really...

Although we had a great time, we were happy to make our departure this morning. Staying in a big city is the same everwhere and although we have seen lots of interesting things, we also feel a bit worn down with the busy city life. Main things we did: walking along the Singapore river, visiting the zoo (which was great!) and visiting Sentosa Island which was amusing...(but nowhere near as good as Scotland Island!).

This morning we caught the bus to Melaka, which was a bit of an adventure. After about 20 minutes the bus driver hearded everyone off the bus. We didn't really know why but we followed the crowd. It was immigration and we got into one of the lines, which was the wrong one and it took ages to get through..... we held up the whole bus!!! We don't think the people were very happy with us, and we were not happy Jan either!!! The other side (into Malaysia) was much easier but the bus driver pretty much kept an eye on us the whole time to make sure there were no further delays. It was quite funny really to have this little man with no teeth trying to steer these two big white woman through customs...to top things off he asked Maartje to sit in the front for the last bit of the trip to ensure we would make it to the hotel ok, joking all the way...'I see you next time in Melaka??? Look I am monkey steering bus...'.

We will be in Melaka until Friday, after which we depart for KL.

Tada for now.

(PS. Having some difficulties with uploading photo's, so will have to try that again another time).



Advertisement



19th December 2005

Silly Ho's
Try not to stand in the wrong lines girls. Never know where u might end up. Sounds like a laugh though. Have fun ! Daimo
19th December 2005

They were born under a wandering star....
Hello ladies Well don't I feel admittedly shameful missing you before you left. I wanted to give you A HIP HIP HOORAY ITS A HOLIDAY phone call before you left. Reason for no call? I broke my leg jumping up and down at the work christmas party on the day before you left and was sleeping on pain killers when you took off... its all about me really. So nice to live vicariously through other's travels. I am so pleased it has arrived and you are off starting the next journey of your lives together. Its been so long, I have forgotten your planned route. So every new blog entry will be a surprise. Have fun ladies and be wary of ancient asian proverb, 'beware of monkeys driving buses that seem friendly...'
19th December 2005

Lukcy Bitches
You lukcy bloody bitches! I'd rather be standing in the wrong customs line in Malaysia that sitting in my boring Broken Hill office (look at me - moneky using computer)! Sounds like your having a great time...very jealous of the yummy indian food you wrote about. An Indian guy has started with Greg's company and we've BEGGED to be invited over to dinner for a proper curry - he thinks we're joking (bastard)! Love Melanie

Tot: 0.081s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 6; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0505s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb