LANGKAWI MALAYSIA


Advertisement
Malaysia's flag
Asia » Malaysia » Langkawi
June 2nd 2013
Published: June 7th 2013
Edit Blog Post

SUNDAY 2.6.2013
Docked early hours in Langkawi, at the Star Cruise Dock, quite a way out of town. Teamed up with some lovely people from Newcastle(who know the Nolans) at breakfast and with two other people hired our own mini bus that took us all over the island. We had a fantastic day, great company and lots of laughs. Loads cheaper than the ship tours and you don't have to put up with 45 people getting on and off buses, we were all on the same page, no tacky souvenir shops or the like just a good look around. First stop was to the cable car but unfortunately the weather was so bad it was closed for the morning, so we continued on our trip, stopping off in the main town Kuah for sightseeing and lunch, had the most amazing soft shell crab salad, we ordered a large between us (only $15) and it was huge had a real pignut yum!!! Hiked up to a waterfall but it was a bit damp but cleared by lunch time. Stocked up on duty free wine and spirits, wine we can bring on the ship but spirits have to be declared and held on ship til we get back to Sydney (1litre Blue Sapphire gin only $15), corkage to consume your wine onboard is $15 but thats OK too! It was such a shambles when we got back to the ship late in the arvo with people fighting with staff about what they could take on, we just walked straight through with all our grog, so now we have a nice little stock in our cabin. Then all met at the bar for a relaxing drink and catch up on the days events. Then dinner to meet up with a dining buddies, great day all round! Set sail around 5.30p.m.

Advertisement



7th June 2013
LANGKAWI

Tourist
Nice shirt John. Looks like you may need a bit more table tennis? Tucker must be good ;)
7th June 2013
LANGKAWI

Tourist
Nice shirt John. Looks like you may need a bit more table tennis? Tucker must be good ;)
8th June 2013

Toooo much fun
We are following all Your moves by the way how is Your diet going ????

Tot: 0.029s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 25; dbt: 0.013s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb