Langkawi


Advertisement
Malaysia's flag
Asia » Malaysia » Langkawi
March 9th 2011
Published: March 9th 2011
Edit Blog Post

We arrived at Langkawi on 29th January via a ferry from Penang. After looking at 2 of the more popular hostels and finding them full, we headed to Daddy's hostel where we ended up staying 7 days total. After getting our room we immediately headed to the beach, which did not disappoint, with beautiful white sand and clear sea it was the nicest beach we had seen so far.

On our first full day we went island hopping to a few local spots, the first Pregnant Lady Lake where the story goes that if a woman drinks the water they'll get pregnant, was a great swim with really fresh water. The 2nd we fed eagles from the boat which was really good. Finally heading to Beras Besar Island, a secluded island with a beautiful beach.

Unfortunately whilst on the said beach I went for a swim, put my foot down and felt a sharp pain, got back to the beach and saw it was bleeding. To cut a long story short my foot swelled up very bad and I had to go to hospital the next day where they cut into it with no Anaesthetic (hurt like hell!!) and put me on antibiotics for the next 5 days. It recovered fine though and I have to say I was impressed with the hospital facilities (apart from the lack of anaesthetic!!)

We met quite a few people in Langkawi from our hostel, some of which we have seen since, including 2 friends we'd met previously in the Cameron Highlands.

Another highlight of Langkawi was when we rented a motorbike and rode to the cable car where we went up 700m to the top where there is a suspension bridge and amazing views of the island, we then went to Black Sand Beach where the sand was NOT black before heading home.

The rest of the week involved lazy days, not much on the beach because of my foot but chilled out and went for meals and drinks with our mates.

Next stop was Trang, a small town in Thailand.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.092s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 13; qc: 27; dbt: 0.0382s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb