Langkawi


Advertisement
Malaysia's flag
Asia » Malaysia » Langkawi
July 13th 2018
Published: July 14th 2018
Edit Blog Post

Red DeltaRed DeltaRed Delta

After a monsoon rain, the small river pushes pretty far into the rocky Strait of Malacca, in the Andaman Sea. I took this photo from the backyard of our Airbnb.
We chose the convenience of Langkawi as a beach spot to relax and to clean up from India. There are other, nicer islands hereabouts, but they're much farther from main flight hubs, and this was close enough to paradise. Really the only main drawback is that it isn't safe to swim here because of all the jellies.

The short flight from Kuala Lumpur is easy, but it wasn't so easy after a cramped overnight flight from Delhi.

We stayed at an Airbnb on the north side of the island, along Tajung Rhu, a mile and a half stretch of sand far from the main tourist center. I really enjoyed the quiet there and don't regret missing out on the cable car, aquarium, and so on.

The southern end of the beach has plenty of inexpensive cottages and local restaurants, and further north are the resorts, which restrict beach access during the afternoons.

July is during the monsoon, but apparently the weather is a mix - we had a day of drizzle, a day of wind, a day of clouds and sun, a few storms at nights, and then two days of full sun. We thought of going
Tanjung Rhu Tanjung Rhu Tanjung Rhu

The mile and a half long beach is pretty nice for a run.
for a bike or kayak ride, but ended up just relaxing and reading for 4 days. I was sad to move on.


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.228s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 13; qc: 68; dbt: 0.0926s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb