Kuala Lumpur


Advertisement
Malaysia's flag
Asia » Malaysia » Kuala Lumpur
July 22nd 2010
Published: July 23rd 2010
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0

KL


Photo 5Photo 5Photo 5

Petronis twin towers during the day
KL (13/6/2010 to 14/6/2010)

On our way over to Europe we had a stop over in K.L. for one night at the BEST hotel ever! The Traders Hotel was a reminder of the accommodation that we would NOT be staying in around Europe, so we milked it! We arrived in KL in the morning and got to the hotel which was just across the park from the Petronis twin towers. These were the biggest towers from 1998 until 2004 with 88 stories reaching a height of 452m but are still the tallest twin towers, if that counts for anything.

After we checked in to the hotel we went out for lunch to another hotel that had all-you-can-eat dim sum. We all know how much Dini raves on about dim sum and she has been trying to get me to like it for a long time. Dini is a dim sum connoisseur so i let Dini choose all of the goodies. After about 8 dishes on the list i asked her if that would be enough but she assured me that we needed at least five more... we ate it all, best dim sum ever. It definitely changed my views on dim sum.

After a huge lunch we rolled back to the traders hotel and had a bit of a rest. Earlier when we checked into the hotel we upgraded our reservation to allow us to go to the business lounge, where we could hang out before our flight the following day. This also entitled us to as much free beer, wine, cocktails and gourmet nibblies that we could consume between 5pm and 7pm on both nights, with a view to the twin towers which looked amazing at night. We definitely got our extra $30 worth. After happy hour we went to KLCC shopping centre and had a look around.

The following day we checked out of the hotel and went to Bukit Bintang shopping mall for a bit before happy hour started. After happy hour we went up to the Sky Bar which is on the top of the hotel for a couple drinks and to watch the twin towers at night. There was a massive thunderstorm with lightning everywhere just behind the twin towers which was pretty cool to see.


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement

Photo 3Photo 3
Photo 3

Dim Sum all-you-can-eat
Photo 8Photo 8
Photo 8

At The sky Bar


Tot: 0.036s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0198s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb