Kuala Lumpur


Advertisement
Malaysia's flag
Asia » Malaysia » Kuala Lumpur
February 8th 2010
Published: June 8th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Taking advantage of the cheap Air Asia tickets we all set off to Malaysia for a Feb holiday. Best time for us all to go because it was a quick much needed break before we went back to University and started 3rd year. Kuala Lumpur is a city. And what I mean by that is that it is sort of just like Bangkok or any other major Asian cities except it does seem a lot easier to get around. The hussle and bustle of China town is just like Khoa San Road in Bangkok, so it was good to get away from there. We stayed at a hostel near China town that was influnced by Bob Marley. And I have to say it was one of the cleanest hostels across Asia and the service was really good. We explored the city pretty quickly seeing the major site being the twin towers along side with taking a day trip out to the Bat caves.

The caves were pretty awesome. Monkeys every where though and it was pretty quiet for the time of year. Public transportation is simply the easiest method to get to the places in and around the city. It took about 45 minutes on the bus, and once out of the heart of the city it was really nice scenery. I have to say, I thought I knew Indian food well but the Indian food in Malaysia blew me away. Can't wait to actually go to India now. But back to Malaysia, the food was just really good. Really nice so unbelievably cheap and just good really.

I got to meet up with some Malaysia friends that I met in Japan on a previous trip and they showed us the great Chinese.Malay food available. La La was by far my favourite. Kuala Lumpur was a nice city, don't get me wrong, but it is just a city. After you have seen the main sights, then it just comes down to shops and night life. Which is both good. But we were glad to get into the country air of the country.


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.09s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0637s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.1mb