Perhentian Islands - Perhentian Kecil (small island)


Advertisement
Malaysia's flag
Asia » Malaysia » Kelantan » Kota Bharu
August 21st 2008
Published: August 26th 2008
Edit Blog Post

We arrived here by boat, and the water was SO clear, we had never seen anything like it, and we thought Thailand Islands were stunning, this was paradise, we went for the smaller beach, with less bungalows and shops/restuarants.

We hired snorkels for the day and it was great fun, we saw lots of fish, I got very excited when i saw Nemos (Clown Fish), shouting through my snorkel, yes like a child! the water was cool and really calm.

We have had to detox on this island, as Malaysia is a Muslim country there is hardly anywhere that sells beer! You can get a small can on the island, but its really expensive, and Stu said he cant just have the one can!

We stayed here for 4nights, Dan stayed in his own bungalow next door, as all places were full, we were quite lucky to get a place when we did. Our place was owned by a westoner, really friendly people.

To walk across to the other beach (Long Beach) you can take a boat or walk through the jungle, along a well worn path, we saw Monitor Lizards, 2 massive ones and 4 smaller ones. There are lots of Squirrels, jumping on your bungalow roofs and it always seemed to be when your about to drop off to sleep. Huge fruit bats flying around at night.

The Malay people so far havent been very friendly, not like else where we have been, its like they dont care, as someone else will turn up and buy it or eat in their restuarant, which is a shame as Malaysia is really nice.

But we def recommend these islands, they are amasing, we met a young family that were staying for 4weeks and the kids loved it. The sand is bright yellow, water is clear blue, lots of coral and fish.

We didnt get passed 11pm each night, as there is ony so many cans of coke or water you can drink, I have loved it, going to bed nice and early.

We all feel very refreshed now and detoxed!


Additional photos below
Photos: 45, Displayed: 23


Advertisement

Monitor LizardMonitor Lizard
Monitor Lizard

They are really cute, this was a medium size one


Tot: 0.067s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 10; qc: 22; dbt: 0.0441s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb