Lovely Langkawi


Advertisement
Malaysia's flag
Asia » Malaysia » Kedah & Perlis » Pulau Langkawi
July 17th 2006
Published: July 17th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Hello everyone and we would like to say thank you for everyone who entered the monthly quiz and we would like to congratulate Chopper on winning it! A prize is headed your way.
Since blogging last, we spent a couple more days in Songkla. We had a great time on it's beaches and we visited and went over the largest bridge in Thailand. Ooo.
We then headed to Satun and went straight from there to Langkawi by boat. Whilst pulling into the jetty we managed to see their famous landmark - the eagle statue which was nice. On arrival we were shocked at the taxi prices! Bobby therefore went and harrased some Polish tourists and we shared the taxi instead.
The next day we went to a lovely rice museum (which was free) and we learnt all about rice/rice production and we even got our own personal guide around the paddyfields and gardens. We then decided to walk to the next site which didnt look too far on the map. On the way, two nice Malaysian tourists pulled over and offered us a lift and it turned out that it was very far! We then got to the waterfall only to discover we were surrounded by monkies again! But we braved it and ran past them and we saw the lovely waterfall.
The next day we did an island tour which we nearly missed as our alarm didnt go off but luckily it was delayed and so we didnt miss it. We went on a nice speedboat with only a few other people and went on the 'pregnant lady island', another island with a good beach and we saw loads of eagles feeding.
The day after that we did Asia's largest aquarium. Most people would spend an hour going around it but me and Bobby managed to spend a reccord of 6 hours going around it! It was very good (see pictures).
We had a nice relaxing time at the beach the following day and then the next day we went to a great waterfall and an awful crocodile farm (the crocodiles didnt move and so we think they were models??).
Yesterday we went back to Kuah town and we did some supermarket shopping which we have very much missed. That evening we played hand made boggle, battleships, and a family version of the game 'excuses' until we were rudely interupted by a cockroach! Bobby killed it of course.
Today we went and had a closer look at the famous eagle statue and went around a park full of statues illustrating Langkawi's legends which was lovely. We also did some more supermarket shopping.
Tommrow we are planning to have a bowling day as it is very cheap and we have done everything on the island. We will then be leaving Langkawi the following day, heading back to Thailand.




Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement



18th July 2006

Have you done Gunung Mat Cincang ? if you don't mind height. Should try the cable car. You can get a good view of the islands and sea. Have fun !
18th July 2006

Peacehaven, Ah, Peacehaven
I see that the good old Acme Scenery people have given the plastic sharks a new coat of paint and fixed the busted fins, they look really good now. There are only so many ways you can photograph Peacehaven beach without people twigging, try and be a bit more careful. Good view of one of the islands in Crystal Palace grounds. Weather holding out? I'm told that it's scorching in England at the moment. Love, Cuz
18th July 2006

passport
Wish I could have come onto Langkawi with you - it looks lovely. But be warned - Dad has got his new passport now - you never know you could get another visitor sometime!!!!
19th July 2006

Islands, rice and Monkeys
what with the islands' names 'pregnant lady island', what happen to skull or dragon island. talking about islands - little Jimmy is on the Isle of wright - having a good time( im guessing as he has bother to connact us yet) but he doesn't have an monkeys with him. the rice museum sound intresting, did they give you any free supplies. can't wait to hear more on the adventures of Bobby and bobby !!!
24th July 2006

squirrel Luck
Hiya, I have just caught up on all the recent blogs and am still very jealous of u!!!!!!!! Anyway, i am staying in London and it is a shame u r not here. But me and Granny had a bit of luck (im sure u have heard all about the sqirrels!) when we were looking out in the back garden we saw a squirrel scurrying along the back garden fence!!!! Yey!! It was quite a young one though and we r still looking out for more. I found out yesterday that Debra Stevensons is my 2nd cousin!! Wow! I am now waiting to see her on Corrination Street. I am trying to think of what to do tommorow which is not too hot or far to go, any ideas? Just wondering if u actually have T.V in any of the places u have stayed in or r goin 2 stay in? Well, u r probably 2 busy admiring the sights. Lucky! Also, how has the food been recently? See ya! Luv Susie =) xxx

Tot: 0.058s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 15; qc: 26; dbt: 0.0227s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb