We'll meet again! Bon Voyage, Nisha and David xx


Advertisement
Malaysia's flag
Asia » Malaysia » Kedah & Perlis » Pulau Langkawi
May 28th 2006
Published: May 30th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Up early and packed our stuff, as we came to a decision not to stay, without even speaking to each other!! Put our stuff in our car, ready for our move to our new motel. We then went to the lobby where we met Nisha and david for breakfast!! Did we get another free breakie?? I hear you ask!!

Listen to this!! We headed off down the stairs to where the staff greet the guests with there breakfast cards. It was busy, a good sign. Nisha and David were first and obviously showed their card, slowly followed by a cautious Melissa and an even more cautious me (Andy) One guy caught David and asked again to see his card, in the confusion we had created this gave me and Melissa an opportunity to evade the many staff to the safety of a table. Where we were met by Nisha and David, for our FREE BREAKFAST. If we had been caught out, we would have simply acted dumb (thats not hard) After our lovely 2nd free breakie we headed out of the restaraunt (where Melissa thanked the staff!!) and off up the stairs (where there is a suggestions box!! Me and Mel. were going to suggest better watchfull staff, ha ha).

Nisha and David then went to the pool whilst me and Melissa drove to Pantai Cenang to find our new home. The place we had seen the Nnight before (Shiran Guesthouse) still wasn't free, so we hunted around (without our bags, which was nice for a change) We found a motel (Amzars) which was nice and clean. We got Rm5 knocked off.

After we dropped our bags we headed back to our 5 star resort, car beginning to run on empty!! Would we make it back?? Just. We dropped of the keys and went to our room to grab our stuuf and to say goodbye to our luxury shed with a bed.

Nisha and David were leaving at 4:00pm so we spent the rest of the day relaxing around the pool, on the beach, swimming and playing cards. It was all really nice. But as the time dwindled away, the more we realised that the time to part was soon upon us.
The day of relaxation was a nice contrast to the previous days of sightseeing and rushing around, it felt like we were spending some quality time together and for me and Melissa, it actually felt LIKE WE WERE ON HOLIDAY.

4:00pm Time to say goodbye. It was strange! We had really enjoyed our last 3 days with our friends from home. It had all gone quite slow and it didn't seem like it had flown at all. But the minute we exchanged hugs, goodbyes and seen them leave, we both looked at each other and realised we were on our own again. But having enjoyed our last few days we were more upbeat.

In true Melissa and Andy style, we tried to make the most of our surroundings and opportunities, so we stayed around the pool that was 'for hotel guests' only. The sun was beating down. It was so pleasing that the weather had been kind for us all, especially as it had chucked it down on the ferry over here.

As the sun started to set, we reluctantly decided we had to leave our 5 star resort. We got a taxi to our new place, where we got ready and went out to the Irish bar.

MESSAGE FOR NISHA AND DAVID- We met Del again he was still mad, we told him you two had left. See you guys soon!!!!!!!!!!!










Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement

Playing cardsPlaying cards
Playing cards

Nisha beat me!


1st June 2006

Mates r great!
Hi guys - been busy this weekend running a HUGE flower festival at the church (I know I know it sounds lame n not too hard) - but I'm still on crutches and it was fantastic except for the rain all day Sat. You look well happt with Nish n Dave there. It must feel strange - like you said, like being on holiday - staying in the tourist places. I think you guys are getting to really experience the different cultures though - can't believe you would actually have preferred a KFC to local noodles wot??!!!! Love you n see you soon now Mandy

Tot: 0.089s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 32; dbt: 0.06s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb