Langkawi


Advertisement
Malaysia's flag
Asia » Malaysia » Kedah & Perlis » Pulau Langkawi
February 5th 2008
Published: February 5th 2008
Edit Blog Post

We left home on the 8th Dec...Katy, Adam, Emma, Kirsty, Nik, Hannah and Will all came to see us off!! Was good idea at the time but all came very emotional when we said our good byes!! We left with Jane, Ian and lauren so we weren't on our own in the big wide world just yet!! Flight was good, slept for most of it as was hungover from the night before!! Arrived in Kuala Lumpa where we said our good byes to char's parents and sister and we got our connecting flight to Langkawi!

We arrived in Langkawi to our lush chalet in the forest...was amazing...thou the weather wasn't great as was the end of the raining season! We arrived in the evening so was hungry, went to the restaurant and grab something to eat...sandwich at 21Ringetts..thinking we can't afford that then realized that it worked out to b about 3pound!
We were very jet lagged, and was sleeping at random times, unknown to what day it was and we realized we hadn't showered for 3 days!! Hence the ruff photos we've got at the start of our trip!!
In the morning we got woken up by our rep ringing us to ask where we were and if we were going to bother attending the welcome meeting!! We jumped outa bed ( agen no shower) and arrived late and managed to book up some trips! Only had 4days there so had to make the most of it!
Managed to fit loads in while in Langkawi, including a trip to the mountains in the cable cars, and a Marine boat trip. I think a few of you have already heard about the antics that went on with the Dubai couple that we met.. i don't think we've laughed so much on a boat before whilst getting soaked by the rain and big ass waves that were flooding the boat! We stopped off at a Thai resturant where we tried the local food..im not gonna lie, it wasn't the best but at least we can say we've tried it. We saw eagles, captured a picture of a freshly caught prawn, saw monkeys swimming and a poisonous snake in the tree! Was pretty amazing seeing all the mangroves and visiting the bat caves.. although shell was pooing her pants!
We also went to the famous crocodile farm which was probably the worst place we've ever been. We tried to sneak out early but got caught and told to go to see the show so had no choice - and this crazy man could 'talk to crocs' and put his hand in its mouth and layed on him. Mad. After we went to Underwater a world (aquarium) which was pretty cool until we saw this show about a fish called mikey who got squashed by rocks..hmm. O and for all of this we had our own chauffeur to drive us round as it wasnt very safe to use any other transport apparently!
Anyway the weather got better and we sunbathed a bit by the lush pool and chilled for a bit before our 8 hour flight to sydney.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.067s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 43; dbt: 0.0313s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb