Kluang Weekend Delights (June 2014)


Advertisement
Malaysia's flag
Asia » Malaysia » Johor
June 21st 2014
Published: August 3rd 2014
Edit Blog Post

Saturday, 21st June 2014

I was back to the town of Kluang for my 3rd time on the 3rd weekend of June 2014. Other than the horrible jam along the Singapore side of the customs, the rest of our 90 minutes journey was relatively smooth.

We checked-in at Hotel Anika located at the heart of the town centre for our weekend stay. After a delicious lunch at the iconic Star Coffee House and Restaurant, we were soon off to the UK Farm about 30 minutes ride from town.

As part of our visit, there were opportunities to feed the goats and ostriches as well as have a peep at an Orang Asli Settlement. The beautiful sunset against the backdrop of the expansive countryside was quite a sight to end our lovely day.

Dinner at Cheese U Bistro and Dessert Bar was quite a memorable experience. This was a perfect formula made right.

"Great Service + Cosy Décor + Comfort Food + Reasonable Price = Weekend Happiness"

We were so pleased with Cheese U that we popped by for lunch again the following day before making our journey back to Singapore. A Must try: Caser Salad and Mango Tango Cake.

Personally, Cheese U is one café that I would visit forever for all the good reasons.

Of course, no visit to this town would be complete without a trip to the Railway Station for a dose of local coffee and toast at the iconic Railway Coffee Shop.

I was glad that every visit to the town of Kluang was a happy encounter and a unique experience of its own.

Special thanks to H, my tour guide for making this expedition possible.


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.073s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 11; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0388s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb