Faculty of Caffeine, Johor Bahru (Sep 2014)


Advertisement
Malaysia's flag
Asia » Malaysia » Johor » Johor Bahru
September 28th 2014
Published: November 9th 2014
Edit Blog Post

Sunday, 28th September 2014

Day # Two of our staycation.

We decided to skip the breakfast option at the hotel altogether and headed straight to the Faculty of Caffeine about 7 minutes from where we stayed.

A number of indie cafes had sprouted up in the Johor Bahru capital recently and Faculty of Caffeine is just one of the many cafes located near the customs complex. The café is really easy to access from JB City Square since it is just one street away from the mall.

Occupying on one of the old shop houses along Jalan Trus, this rustic café was not huge but it had a laidback and cosy appeal. The décor was quintessentially industrial with the floors finished off with cement and sand screed.

When we arrived on that Sunday morning, the café was teeming with people having their all-day-breakfast selections. I ordered the Generous Breakfast Set while H took the vegan-friendly Classic, Cheesy, Garlicky toast with fried mushrooms. We added a latte and cappuccino along with our brunch and was pleasantly surprised that the whole bill added up to an affordable SGD 10 per person.

We lamented that this was our version of café hopping in JB without the hefty price tag we would expect back home. Overall, this was a value-for-money breakfast in an idyllic setting which we highly recommended. We hoped that this hidden gem would continue to sustain so that more people would get to discover this wonderful café.

We would certainly be back for more as well as to check out the other chic cafes in the vicinity that are worth our ringgits. Thanks H for the great recommendations!

Address: 106 Jalan Trus, Downtown Johor Bahru.

Business hours: 9am to 6pm.


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



Tot: 0.329s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 16; qc: 83; dbt: 0.1504s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb