Holy Cow, Macau!


Advertisement
Macau's flag
Asia » Macau
February 9th 2006
Published: May 19th 2006
Edit Blog Post

macau for a $1? holy cow, macau!

when i travel i don't just go to that place to visit the tourist spots.......... or just to capture everything that caught my eye on camera................... it isn't just admiring the place.........it isn't just collecting coins or ref magnets ................ it's experiencing the culture, rubbing elbows with the locals, getting lost and finding your way AND! most importantly, tasting the food!

macanese food is characterized by the spiciness of portuguese cuisine, the dominant use of paprika, curry powder and the like...quite an interesting combination...a combination of chinese and portugues cuisine...uh-huh, east meets west... .... here are some of the food i tried while in macau.........




did you know that i got my roundtrip airfare to macau for $1? yes, you read it right and no, i'm not pulling your leg........ it's $.50 one way via tiger airways ........ but it cost me $54 all in all for the taxes, well, plus the philippine travel tax and terminal fee and my bus fare to clark airport, but still, not bad, heh?........ i spent more than that the last time i went to cebu.......... then i spent 80hkd/night for a mix dorm-type room, food is from 20-30hkd, bus fare is from 2.50mop to 5mop, depending on the distance......... for more tips visit my travel website at www.marlincruz.com/mytravelhub.html (shameless plug )


Advertisement



Tot: 0.133s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0344s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb