BRIEF STOP IN MACAU


Advertisement
Macau's flag
Asia » Macau » Macau
June 11th 2010
Published: June 30th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Off to Macau today, Adam tagged along and we took the bus to the Macau ferry terminal on a rainy day, it was the last stop and since i had my big pack with me on my shoulder the whole bus trip i felt like my shoulder's about to fall off! Finally we arrived at the ferry port, we sorted out tickets, we bought the 11aqm ferry ticket as it was cheaper, had breakfast at LMX and went to the MTR to surrender my octopus card to get money back. We got back to the ferry terminal and one dude ushered us in and changed our ticket to 10:45am so off we go, the ferry is Turbojet and is fast and efficient, we both fell asleep on our 1 hour journey, raining hard too. I was still hungover from last night and my tummy is churning but managed to hold it in. Arriving in Macau the queue is long but very quick processing.

I went straight to the visitor's info on the ground floor and they gave me tips on how to get to the city and they said leave my backpack in the left luggage on the 2nd level, do the city then comeback and take a bus towards the border. problem solved, So Adam and I went to the city they accept HK money/coins here but has to be exact for bus fares, we got off at Ribeiro Avenue and walked around in the rain, we then saw this huge casino/hotel place I can't remember the name we followed it and got in, we try to get to the casino but they would not let Adam in because he was wearing flip flops and shorts so we left and looked for another one, we found Wynn casino and hotel, a bit of a walk but it was very nice and they let him in, we tried to play some black jack but minimum bet is 300 HK $ so we begged off and played the slot machines instead and ordered a few free drinks. We watched a table playing baccarat, everyone is winning but we can't understand the game, we watched as this fellow won $30,000 plus! We both looked at each other and Adam jokingly said, right shall we rob him?!!

Had lunch then took the bus back to the ferry port, picked up my backpack from the left luggage and bid Adam goodbye and I hopped on the #3A bus to the border. it was the last stop, the queue is ridiculously long! I got through customs easy then long walk to the Chinese side the queue is even longer and slower this is about 5pmish I filled up the immigration form as I queue up only to find out I was in the wrong lane so have to move to the next lane to my right damn. The immigration officer was thorough, did not say a word but checked everything in the computer and my passport info, he was shaking his head and smirked a little as he paged through my thick passport, found a page to stamp and I was off. I have to put my bag on the x ray machine other than that all is good, welcome back to China!!


Additional photos below
Photos: 11, Displayed: 11


Advertisement

MacauMacau
Macau

Macau-China border


Tot: 0.106s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0831s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb